Marc Ben-Ami, Director, CPA, CFE, is the Director of Forensic Accounting at Botwinick & Company, LLC and has been with the Firm since 2014. Marc specializes in providing forensic accounting, tax, and accounting services to clients in various industries with a concentration in medical, automotive, and real estate. He provides a wide range of tax and bookkeeping services to individuals and businesses, as well. As a trusted advisor to small businesses, Marc guides business owners with complex financial decisions and focuses on profitability and tax minimization strategies.
With over 20 years of forensic accounting experience, Marc has an expertise in advising clients on their accounting controls and procedures to mitigate fraud risk. He is adept in business insurance claim consulting, contract disputes, investigative analysis, and corporate investigations. Marc has been retained as an Expert Witness on several matters for both State and Federal court cases. He has presented lectures at Syracuse University and William Paterson University on economic crime and fraud investigations.
Education and Licenses
- Certified Public Accountant (New York and New Jersey)
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting from Syracuse University
- Member of the Advisory Board of Syracuse University’s Lubin School of Accounting
- Former Chair of the Syracuse University Accounting Alumni Council
- Member of Botwinick Community Service and Social Committees
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the New Jersey Society of CPAs
- Member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
“With a background in forensic accounting, I pay close attention to details, in addition to focusing on the ‘big picture.’ I enjoy applying this mindset to our clients’ goals and needs, whether it is a litigation matter or discussing a clients’ financial statements.”